You rely on your knee for all kinds of movements. Whether you're running, jumping, or going for a swim, you rely on your knees. Knee pain can be debilitating, but fortunately, you can get treatment for your pain at Chaney Chiropractic Clinic in Spring Hill and Beverly Hills, FL.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Knee pain doesn't always have a clear cause. Some pain is caused by injury, repeated stress, aging, and general wear and tear. Some of the most common knee problems include:
- Torn cartilage: Your knees are supported by pads of tissue called menisci. These pads help absorb shock and keep your knees stable. If you suffer trauma to the knee, the menisci could be torn.
- Tendonitis: Physical activities like running and jumping can put stress on the tendons around your knee. This can cause the tendons to become inflamed, causing pain and restricting your mobility.
- Arthritis: The term arthritis refers to many conditions that cause your joints to become inflamed. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can both cause knee pain.
- Muscle strains: Sudden movements or overexertion can cause the muscles around your knee to become strained. This can cause pain and swelling and make it difficult to move your knee.
- Bursitis: Your knee joints are cushioned by pads filled with fluid called bursae. Injury and overuse can cause the bursae to become inflamed.
How a Chiropractor Treats Knee Pain
Your knee is one of the most complex and heavily used joints in the body, which is why it's important to get treatment for knee and leg pain from an experienced professional. Four bones are joined by your knee: the tibia, femur, patella, and fibula. Issues with any of the components in your knee can cause pain, discomfort, and other symptoms.
Chiropractors use many different techniques to relieve knee pain, improve the function of your joints, and bring your joints back into alignment. In addition to making adjustments to your knee, your chiropractor may also treat your spine. If your spine is out of alignment, it could put additional stress on your knees.
Your chiropractor can restore your range of motion and address any other symptoms you might be experiencing, like leg pain. No matter how your knee pain is treated, you can trust that your treatment plan will be tailored to suit your symptoms and needs.
Get Treatment for Knee Pain from Our Chiropractors
Since we rely on our knees for movement, knee pain can interfere with many tasks. Don't wait to treat your knee pain. Visit Chaney Chiropractic Clinic as soon as possible so that you can restore your range of motion and find natural pain relief. Call our Spring Hill office today at (352) 686-6385 or our Beverly Hills office at (352) 270-8869.